Welcome back to our Not-a-Podcast, where Bree & Donna chat about the writing & self-publishing life and answer questions that make us spin wildly off-topic. (Previous episodes!)
This week’s episode contains chatter about, but not limited to:
- Developing characters across a long series.
- Why we ended our long-running (still successful) series.
- Writing sex scenes. Donna makes a really dirty metaphor about a vase & we discuss rule #1: always deal with the boots first. Also, chicken jailbreaks.
- How we split up characters and the unique challenges of co-writing romances with more than two protagonists.
- Character development as a conscious vs unconscious process. (Case studies: Grace & Nessa!)
Reader/listener questions answered:
- Are any of your characters based on anyone?
- Does a character change throughout the story?
- What type of research have you had to do?
- Is Eden the only city left?
- Where IS Eden anyway?
- When does Gideon get a book?